Our annual photo contest invites visitors to submit a photo that captures something special about the Boston Harbor and its islands. Whether it’s the natural beauty, the opportunity to view wildlife, the enjoyment of recreation and community activities, or the rich history to be discovered, each of us has a reason we are drawn to the harbor. Show us yours!
The 2019 Boston Harbor & Islands Photo Contest is again made possible by the generous contribution and support by our photo contest sponsor, Hunt’s Photo and Video.
Congratulations to our winning photographers!
FIRST PLACE: Fireworks through a Lens by Sungchul Takahashi
SECOND PLACE: Boston Light at Sunset by Greg Sager
THIRD PLACE: Island Chapel by Jessica Speece
OUR 2018 PHOTO CONTEST FINALISTS:
How to Participate:
- Submit: Click the button below to enter your photo (all fields must be filled out). Submissions accepted July 1, 2019 – October 14, 2019.
By submitting your image, you agree to our Release for Use of Photographs
(Please note you must have a Google account in order to enter. If you cannot obtain an account, contact email@example.com to submit.)
- Look, Like, & Share: Watch the contest unfold on our Flickr page: www.flickr.com/photos/bostonharborislands
- Vote: Finalist in each category will be determined by panel of park staff and featured on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/bostonharborislands The image that can tally the most “likes” wins!
This year, there will be prizes for our 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall selections, made possible by our generous sponsors at Hunt’s Photo and Video.
- 1st place: A $500 gift card to Hunt’s Photo and Video
- 2nd place: A $250 gift card to Hunt’s Photo and Video
- 3rd place: $250 in print credit on huntspix.com
We will also be selecting winners in each individual category.
All of our winners will also receive two tickets for a 2020 Boston Light Tour and four free ferry tickets to the islands. Furthermore, we will feature the photos on Boston Harbor Islands publications and materials and in a display at Boston Historic National Park!
For the first time ever, the winning selections, as well as seven additional selections, will also be showcased at Hunt’s Photo Gallery in Melrose. We will invite the selected photographers as well as the general public to a Gallery Opening Reception to celebrate their work and receive awards at the Gallery Space, date TBD.
A panel of Boston Harbor Islands and Hunt’s Photo and Video staff will select winners based on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, and artistic merit. Judges shall determine eligibility with sole and absolute discretion and have the right to move photos from one category to another. All decisions made by the judges are final.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding the photo contest.